Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The companys two industry-leading business segmentsCatalysts Technologies and Materials Technologiesprovide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will be a part of the Grace Global Shared Services/Payroll team. This role will be responsible for full life cycle payroll activities for a set of specific international countries as well as review/approve other countries. It is critical that the individual in this role have a strong customer service orientation and high level of accuracy. In addition, this person will contribute ideas to continuous improvement in systems and processes.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Understand and perform all phases of the payroll and timekeeping processes for specific countries
- Train/Understand other defined countries to act as back-up if necessary
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Perform audit of payroll registers prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Create practices to minimize company risk pertaining to payroll tax compliance by country
- Audit employee timesheets to verify hours worked and supervisor approval to include follow-up when needed
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface file for upload to payroll system
- Assist with implementation of company timekeeping systems where applicable (Kronos)
- Load import files received from various stakeholders; research and email appropriate audience of file issues
- Research and investigate payroll discrepancies and employee payroll issues
- Assist employees with questions and respond timely and with a customer friendly approach
- Understand/research proper taxation of employer paid benefits and country specific payroll tax laws
- Continuously evaluate, analyze and streamline payroll processes possibly assist with changing payroll providers
- Assist with garnishment administration and other special payroll deductions where applicable
- Process monthly, quarterly, and year-end (other local statutory) reporting
- Generate variety of payroll reports to include monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting and special reports requested by business leaders
- Assists in payroll general ledger accounts reconciliations where applicable
- Process off cycle pay runs and process manual checks when required
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures/Check-lists and ensures that policies and procedures are being adhered to (i.e. salary increases, bonus payouts and other compensation transactions) keep written procedures updated
- Build strong working relationships with HR Partners, Benefits Team, Accounting and others
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Associates degree in accounting or business administration with 4-6 years of International payroll experience or minimum of 8 years of International payroll processing experience in lieu of a degree
- FPC/CPP designation a plus
- General accounting knowledge, including knowledge of payroll accounting
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work effectively with all personality types and under strict deadlines
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Proficient in ADP Streamline
- Experience with Kronos timekeeping a plus
- Strong Excel skills required
- Pristine work ethic and ability to handle sensitive and confidential material
- Effective decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.
EOE Statement: W.R. Grace & Co.is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 28390707 columbia