Posted: Sunday, September 3, 2017 1:42 AM
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long:term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than 33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare : PEDIGREE(R), ROYAL CANIN(R), WHISKAS(R), BANFIELD(R) Pet Hospital, CESAR(R), SHEBA(R), DREAMIES(R) and NUTRO(R); Chocolate : M and M'S(R), SNICKERS(R), DOVE(R), GALAXY(R), MARS(R), MILKY WAY(R) and TWIX(R); Wrigley : DOUBLEMINT(R), EXTRA(R), ORBIT(R) and 5(TM) chewing gums, SKITTLES(R) and STARBURST(R) candies, and ALTOIDS(R) AND LIFESAVERS(R) mints. Food : UNCLE BEN'S(R), DOLMIO(R), EBLY(R), MASTERFOODS(R), SEEDS OF CHANGE(R) and ROYCO(R); Drinks : ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS(TM), THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY(TM), KLIX(R) and FLAVIA(R); Symbioscience : COCOAVIA(R) and WISDOM PANEL(R).
The Shift Maintenance Technician maintains equipment and facilities to operate in the safest and most productive electro:mechanical condition, implements continuous improvement and supports new system installations, production strategies and plant reliability.
- Analyze condition, troubleshoot failures, repair and perform preventative/predictive maintenance on production equipment, building and utilities and all associated equipment.
- Must observe proper Lockout/Tagout and all safety procedures as required
- Respond to any immediate associate safety issues per work order system.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate work performed by other associates, contractors and /or self. (unplanned, planned, changeovers etc.)
- Prioritize and manage work assigned to ensure immediate response to emergencies, diagnose faults quickly and make immediate repairs.
- Be a lead in technical troubleshooting the process, mechanical and electrical (power and interlock) issues which prevent meeting the shift or weekly schedules.
- Train operators/technicians on operational set:up issues
- Maintain functional knowledge of all equipment in packaging department
- Ensure all work:orders are complete and accurate, including planned and unplanned assignments.
- Maintain and improve electrical and mechanical knowledge and skills to improve customer service levels.
- Follow regular checks and follow preventative maintenance schedules, assessing condition and ensuring compliance with prescribed schedules.
- All associates are responsible for the safety, quality and food safety in their work area
- Work as a team member within the maintenance department to improve the total reliability of the plant
- Understand maintenance principles and develop self and department work practices to promote a proactive environment
• Location: Columbia
• Post ID: 22560723 columbia