CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Position: Programmer II
Work Location: Columbia, MO
Reports To: Programming Supervisor
Job Grade: Wage Schedule -- IBEW 257 Contract
The Programmer II position involves working in a call center environment handling calls from internal and external customers and technicians.
- The Programmer II provisions high speed internet and digital switch services.
- Provides accurate information and complete service orders by accessing various support systems and devices.
- Also assigns and changes outside plant and central office facilities for residential service, single and multiline systems, CLEC, DATA and POTS, and processes service orders utilizing and maintaining assignment and record keeping systems within CenturyLink.
- Maintains data integrity in applicable systems, and supports multiple service groups by identifying plant facilities, supporting changes, or inquiries related to service orders and trouble tickets.
- Systems include MARTENS, Ensemble, MEAT and various Digital Switches (DMS10/100, GTD5, Alcatel Lucent 5ESS, etc.).
- Devices used for programming include Calix, Adtran, Alcatel, Entriview, Panorama, and several Tellabs devices.
- Verifies and posts all assigned information on pending service orders with switch information.
- Notifies inside plant of switch irregularities.
- Manually programs devices not auto-programmable and clears errors on auto programmed devices.
- Manually maps ATM switches and clears errors on the auto programmed devices.
- <span style="font-size: 14px;">Handles customer trouble tickets by checking and clearing trouble or referring the tickets tothe field or central office.
- Work with other Operations personnel on line transfers and switch/server replacements.
- Successfully program all voice switches, voice mail servers, DSL devices, FTTP devices and ATM devices.
- Successfully monitors and completes service orders in the Programming queues in Ensemble
- Successfully monitors and completes work tickets in Martens.
- Meets daily deadlines on all service order activity and trouble ticket isolation.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as required by the Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience working in a technical call center or customer contact environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of high speed data products including Fiber and VoIP.
- Strong computer system knowledge including familiarity with multi-screen applications using web-based programs.
- High speed data troubleshooting experience via computer based systems and programs.
- Outside and inside Plant knowledge and assignment experience. Ensemble and Martens knowledge.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.
- Keyboarding and data input information experience.
- Ability to multi-task while taking calls.
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Columbia
Requisition #: 172718
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at (link removed)
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 27493517 columbia