Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:29 PM
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery(R), Otis Spunkmeyer(R), and Oakrun Farm Bakery(R). We have 58 state:of:the:art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 24 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes four operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, ARYZTA US Baking Solutions and ARYZTA US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by the Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety and Quality Assurance, Environmental Health and Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
Location: West Columbia, SC
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician has the primary responsibility for protecting the food by
conducting food safety and quality sampling, testing, and documentation to meet all regulatory,
customer, and ARYZTA requirements. QA Technicians may be designated as I or II depending
on level of experience and skills.
The QA Technician is responsible for conducting food safety and quality assurance procedures
to ensure ARYZTA is in compliance with best practices for food safety and quality. The QA
Technician reports to the QA Supervisor or QA Manager (depending on size of bakery).
* Responsible for meeting all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and
* Responsible for complying with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC,
* Responsible for supporting the HARPC Team in the implementation of an effective Food
Safety plan focused on the elimination of biological, chemical, physical and economically
motivated hazards from our foods.
* Responsible for sampling, testing, and documentation of the Quality Management System
(QMS) including procedures, records, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
* Works to maintain the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used in
* Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer requirements
* Works to reduce customer/consumer complaints for foods manufactured on site
* Reports food safety and quality issues to their supervisor
* Authorized to hold product based on food safety or quality non:conformance
* Participates in daily food evaluation to identify possible defects
* Participates in physical bakery inspections on a weekly basis on each area (pest control,
operational methods, maintenance for food safety, sanitation, personnel practices, etc.)
* Selects food items for analysis at specified stages in the production process for evaluating
compliance to specification
Quality Assurance Technician I
Program: 01.0 ARYZTA Integrated Management System Program
Effective Date: 07/08/2016 Location: Corporate
Supersedes Date: 06/15/2016 COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL Page 2 of 3
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
* Inspection methods and
• Location: Columbia, west columbia
• Post ID: 27543807 columbia