Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:03 AM
Company Name:Roots Psychological Associates
Compensation$50,000 to $80,000 Annually
Employment Type Full-Time
Why Work Here?
“Comprehensive training with incentives to broaden experience that will propel one's career”
Who we are:
Roots Psychological Associates (RPA) is a private practice set in the college town of Columbia, South Carolina. The private practice works in conjunction with several Psychiatrists and Master's level mental health clinicians. Our goal is to provide expedient and thorough evaluations to the South Carolina Community, as well as provide therapy to our clients that is both empirically sound, yet artful.
We have developed our Postdoctoral Fellowship Program to prepare exceptionally qualified and motivated early career psychologists who strive to become leaders for change in their community through their role in private practice. Our aim is to expose Postdoctoral Fellows to forward-thinking skills needed for today’s healthcare environment.
The RPA Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is a year-long, 40-hour a week training experience. The main components of the Program are:
1. Providing evidence-based psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families, and groups of all ages.
2. Conducting Psychological assessments ages 5 to 90. A variety of psychological assessments will be administered. These include learning disability, mental health, testing for ADHD, disability evaluations, and neuropsychological screeners.
3. Enlisting community partnerships that benefit marginalized populations here in Columbia.
Successful Completion of our Program is based on developing proficient professional competencies (e.g., competency with ethics, documentation, and diversity) and practice competencies (e.g., psychotherapeutic interventions, proficiency with report writing, and community outreach).
Please prepare and submit the following for consideration:
1. A statement of interest. Please detail your interest in our Fellowship Program and how participation in the Program will help to further your professional goals.
2. A detailed curriculum vitae.
3. Official academic transcript of graduate work.
4. A sample of your work. This may include, but is not limited to, a case summary and conceptualization, integrated report, or peer-reviewed article.
5. Three Letters of Recommendation. Include one from a faculty member familiar with your academic work and at least one from a primary clinical supervisor during your predoctoral internship.
Complete the application requirements and upload your statement of interest, CV, and work sample by email at:
Mail your official transcripts to:
Patrick Steele, Psy.D.
Roots Psychological Associates, LLC
1415 Blanding Street
Columbia, South Carolina
Faculty and supervisors submitting letters of recommendation can send letters electronically by email or through the mail.
Contact Dr. Patrick Steele with specific questions about our Fellowship Program. He can be reached at 770-894-2326 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Company address: 1415 Blanding Street, Columbia SC 29201
• Location: Columbia
• Post ID: 28481732 columbia